St Regis Paper mill, Sudbrook, Wales.
O’Brien’s was appointed Principal Contractor for the asbestos removal, demolition and remediation of the former paper mill site.
The project involves:
- Bat mitigation works.
- Site wide vegetation clearance.
- Extensive licensed and non-licensed asbestos removal including an environmental clean as a consequence from previous demolitions carried out by other contractors during phase 1 many years ago.
- Demolition of heavy industrial buildings.
- Grubbing up all concrete and hardstanding areas to an agreed depth with the developer.
- Crushing all hardcore arisings to 6F2 recycled aggregates.
The project is scheduled to take place over a 24 week programme. It is envisaged circa 100,000 tonnes of recycled aggregate will be crushed and over 3000 tonnes of scrap steel will be recycled. During pre-commencement and mobilisation close liaison with the local authority, natural England, residents, businesses, utility providers, network rail and emergency services has been required with ongoing weekly communications between parties to ensure a smooth flowing contract and maintenance of surrounding roads and infrastructure.