Ice Maiden Ship - Asbestos Removal Works
The project consisted of the following:
- Pre start meetings with the HSE to discuss scope of works , general safety requirements, asbestos removal and waste handling works.
- Supply of information to the HSE to allow works to commence.
- Full project management by O’Briens including management of key issues such as river/ground protection, fire safety, confined spaces, scaffold erection, asbestos works, internal strip out, lifting operations etc.
- Removal of 700 tonne of asbestos insulation from confined and hard to reach areas using specifically designed scaffold access.
- All works completed by in house team with no incidents.
- Works completed 8 week ahead of schedule.