Food Ingredients Manufacturer Demolition & Dismantling
The client was undertaking a major review of building requirements on site. We were engaged to assess the potential of fund demolitions, through an asset recovery programme, and to take the project forward.
We were able to build a successful working partnership over an eighteen month period. We provided the demolition of major structures on the site including the former dextrose plant, FPL, Feed Mill and Wet Mill.
Prior to demolition, A full Type 3 survey and identification of asbestos containing materials within buildings, was identified.
To enable the dismantling of silos tanks and individual items of plant for salvage and reuse, our management team designed and implemented a specialist crane lift.
- Identification and strip out of redundant pipe and cable lines.
- Controlled demolition of concrete silos.
- Controlled demolition of both reinforced concrete and steel frame process building structures.
- Erection of design scaffolds to facilitate the works on site.
- Crushing of all concrete and brickwork on site to 6f2 specification; this was used to fill voids resulting from the demolition of structures and level the site.
- The above works were carried out within a live starch production facility with an area of 42 acres and were completed to the client’s satisfaction without accident or incident.