Defence Factory in Northern England
The contract comprised the removal of :
- Two large redundant cartridge case ovens
- Asbestos removal with complex enclosures at the full height of the factory.
- Removal of over 60 machines including lathes, presses and boring machines with a total weight of 2000 tonne.
- Removal of oils from pits and specialist decontamination techniques
- Filling of 3m deep redundant machine pits for new machines.
- Confined Complex crane lifts with very little head room
Due to the contract being undertaken in a live factory environment there were strict security measures to be followed prior to entry to site and whilst on it.
The removal of the cartridge ovens was undertaken against a strict timetable to meet the production requirements of the site and prevent interruption to planned production.
Surplus plant was also removed under an asset recovery agreement maximising cost benefits for the client.